Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Infertility Never Goes Away

While I was redesigning my blog I did a lot of soul searching and I really considered taking out the subject of infertility all together. Over the past year I have thought of this on occasion.  In all reality, infertility should no longer be one of my issues.  It may come up again in the future if I were to ever consider remarriage, but for now with my husband being gone so should the issue of infertility right?  Wrong. 

I have connected with and followed many women over the years who are dealing with infertility.  Eventually, many of them do finally succeed in having a child or two.  Sometimes it is through fertility treatments and other times through adoption (or both).  I have heard a few of these women say that even after they have their children, infertility still doesn't go away.  While it may get pushed aside for a while it is still there and they are often reminded of it.  It is part of what made them who they are.

My situation may be very different from the women I mentioned but the result is still the same.  Infertility is still there and I still suffer from it.  It no longer comes up on a daily basis, but it is there in the back of my mind and it always will be.  I spent almost 8 years of my life trying to have a child and it never happened.  An experience like that leaves a mark that never goes away.

No comments: