Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Not a Blue Christmas, but a Very White One

I made it through Christmas with only one or two pangs of the Blues. For the most part I think that I am doing fairly well. I have gotten a couple of ideas for my New Years Resolutions and if I can stick to them then maybe next Christmas will be brighter.

We have been getting quite a bit of snow lately and it has been so cold that it has been accumulating. Yesterday morning dawned with snow flocked trees and untouched snowy lawns. The perfect setting for sitting by the Christmas tree and opening presents. It was a perfect Christmas day until last night. We were all gathered at my SILs house watching a movie as we digested our dinner, when we started hearing an odd noise. It was rain being pounded against the window. The rain quickly turned to hail and then to snow. We had nearly white out conditions for a couple of hours. We did make it back home but I was sure glad that I wasn't the one driving.

Talk about dreaming of a white Christmas....it turned out to be more of a nightmare. But on the bright side, it sure was pretty again this morning...especially when I got to call in and say that I was snowed in and couldn't get to work. They had to use backhoes to clear the streets out by my house.

No comments: