Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Can I do it? Yes I can!

I've been thinking a lot about this weight loss thing. It seems like every time that I try to loose weight, I fail miserably. I start out with all the motivation in the world but I can't seem to hold on to it. I am gearing up to try again but I have no idea what is going to happen. I do have some tricks up my sleeve for this round and I am hoping that these will help me stick to it this time.

My first trick is that I am looking at weight loss as my current IF treatment. I may not be doing an IUI or IVF, but I am doing something. My body didn't respond at all to medications when I went to an RE a few years ago. My RE told me that my only chance to get pregnant was to loose weight. I think that I have completely lost touch with this reality. Something inside of me just keeps hoping that even though I have failed at loosing weight, I will still meraculously become pregnant one day. I now know that this just isn't going to happen. It is up to me to make it happen.

My second trick is that I am going to take a page out of the "pregnant lady" book. Have you ever noticed that almost all pregnant people take "belly shots" throughout their pregnancy? They start with that little bump and then grow into big tummies about ready to pop. I know that one of my SILs did this with hers and I think that the other one did to (did you?). Anyway, I am going to do this too, but for weight loss instead. I am going to start with a picture of my big belly and hope that as the weeks go on it will get smaller and smaller. With no further ado...here are my starting pics. (By the way it took some major guts to post these...I get tears in my eyes just looking at them)




4 comments:

the misfit said...

I'm super-impressed with how brave you are. I spend all my time trying to dress so I hide every feature I don't like!

I'd be interested to hear what tricks you're using. I invested a lot of time and energy in gaming the weight loss system a few years back and I thought I had it all figured out (some of my tricks were metabolic, but many were psychological).

Secret D said...

I think it is a fantastic idea. I also think you are very courageous - good for you.

I was slightly overweight when we started ttc and very overweight after two years of no positives (I'm an emotional eater). When I knew that I was being referred (and the doctor also mentioned that it would be beneficial to lose a bit of weight) I went about losing it. That was over a year ago, I'm still not quite there but I have battled most of it and I feel so much more able to tackle IF.

Looking forward to seeing the change in the photos.

Kristie said...

Very brave of you to post the picture but it's a great idea. I like it. Hope all is going well!

organize-n-mama said...

Ok so we can take pics of you shrinking and me growing Great.....
Way to go on being motivated. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!